Friday, May 16, 2008

Yes, we're alive!

This is for our friends who think I've probably dropped off the face of the earth. Today is May 16th, and we still have not found a home...house hunting has go to be the one of the most stressing things ever, especially when your husband is the one doing it. (sorry honey!)

After our move out of Oregon on April 29th, Richie and I dropped off the kids with my mom in NJ and made our way to Shallotte, NC. After 4 days of intense, I mean INTENSE, house hunting (when I would close my eyes at night, all I could picture was the houses we had looked at, and I actually woke up in the middle of the night one night, freaking out because I could not remember if one of the houses we had looked at had a pantry...) we thought we had found our "home."

So I left to go back to NJ and Richie put in an offer on the house. Of course it was rejected so the owner made a counteroffer which we counteroffered (complicated I know, but I really really wanted this house!). The owner was being kind of difficult, he wanted more money, so we were stuck. That night I got down on my knees and prayed before bed, and when I layed down I got this feeling that we should not rush into this decision. For the first time I felt that it would be ok to live in an apartment for a little while until we found the right house for us. Maybe that just wasn't the right house for us to live in. It was the most amazing, peaceful feeling ever! I am so grateful to our Heavenly Father who knows our needs and comforts us when we need it most.

So since then, Richie has been doing all the house hunting while I've been sitting on my butt in NJ. I wish, wish, wish, I could trust my husband enough to pick out a house for us, but I just can't. We think we have finally found the neighborhood we love, now we just have to decide if we are going to buy one of the houses there that are already built or if we will have them build it for us. I will probably be going to NC once again next week too look for the last time. If we can't decide by then, a townhouse it is! Richie is coming to visit us in NJ for memorial day weekend and we are so excited. The kids miss their daddy so much. Abby has started calling any man she sees "dada", which can't be a good sign!

Richie LOVES his new job, which is the biggest blessing ever. I can't imagine having to work somewhere where I wasn't happy. The kids and I are surviving. Abby has had an ongoing stomach bug since last week, and has been nice enough to spread it to my whole family here, including me. I guess Oregon wasn't to blame for our ongoing health issues after all!

I'm too lazy to post any pictures right now, but as soon as we decide on a house, I will let you all know! Wish us luck, we will certainly need it, along with your prayers! Miss you all soooo much!

9 comments:

Danielle said...

goodness i can't imagine how hard it would be to let the hubby pick out the house...you must have a lot of faith! :) Matt would probably end up with a house that was completely a bachelor pad. Sports room, all the bathrooms would only have urinals, another sports room, a room for a 10ft tv and ONE big comfy chair and another sports room. haha. Hang in there gorgoues! :)

dixonfamily said...

Good luck there girly!! I am definitely nervous about the whole process of buying a house, and I can tell you that Jeff and I are going to test our relationship during it because we have already had some INTERESTING DISCUSSIONS just looking at houses online. Anyway, I am glad that you have been calm and at peace so far and I am so glad that Richie likes his job. We sure do miss you! Can't wait for more updates!

*K*R*I*S*T*Y* said...

Yay you ARE alive!I'm glad things are going somewhat smoothly for you.Sorry about the stomach buggs!Congrats to Richie for a happy job, I know firsthand what it's like to have a husband who hated his job so bad it literally put him to tears every day on the way there (not oregon, SLC) and dang that was hard to deal with, so lucky lucky him!I'm so happy for you guys, can't wait to see where you finally call home, good luck!Miss you!

*K*R*I*S*T*Y* said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
thepainterfamily said...

yeah for the update! I feel your pain. You could insert my name here in this post and it would pretty much describe our situation too! There are a lot of great things that have come from not rushing into this house purchase thing! Besides the obvious blessings from following the Lord's "advice", I am positive that you guys will be able to start a list of "wow I'm so glad we decided to wait because..." and it will add up quick! :) Then, that day when you finally move in to your home, you will know...THIS is home! :) good luck!

Diana said...

It's good to hear from you. I wish we could be of more help. Buying a house can be so stressful. Good luck with everything and we will keep you in our prayers. I'm really glad Richie loves his job. Tell him we miss him too. Keep us posted! Love ya.

Becca said...

so much has been going on!It's so crazy making such a huge move and house hunting! When you know you know so don't worry! So glad the new job is so great!

Jamie C. said...

Hi Rylanders,
Good to hear that the job is going well! That must be a relief. I hope that you are all reunited and the the house hunt is improving. I once heard that if a marriage can survive building a house, then you can handle anything. I think that goes for simply buying a house too! You guys will find something you both love and that will be perfect for your family, so good luck!

p.s. maria thanks for the nice comment on my blog. It really does stink that we didn't get a chance to meet before you moved! You're so sweet!

Because I'm Pete Latteier, and you're not. said...

So what happened? Did you guys find a house? How are you doing? I hope everything is well. Say hi to the kids for me.