Monday, September 08, 2008

the things kids say...



Isaac has been saying really funny things lately. Some we laugh hysterically at because they just crack us up, sometimes we have to try as hard as we can to hold it in because it's not the time to laugh. A couple of weeks ago at church he did the unthinkable. We have Sacrament meeting last in our branch and recently Richie taught Isaac that when both hands on the clock are on the 12 (noon), it is time to go home. Well, a sweet brother was giving his talk and he was going a little over his time limit. One of the young women had offered to take my kids to the nursery because they were starting to lose it. So Richie and I are sitting in Sacrament during this brother's talk and Isaac comes sprinting in screaming "Dada, Mama, it's time to go home, it's time to go home, look at the clock!!" Over and over and over again. Everyone chuckled a little, some even gave him a thumbs up for the hint that it was, indeed, time to go home. We finally got him to calm down and wait. The brother finally concluded his talk and said "Amen." Isaac followed that with the most enthusiastic "AAAAAMENNNNN" you could ever imagine! That did it for everyone and we all started cracking up....talk about Reverence. (The branch president told me later that Isaac was only expressing the feelings of everyone in the congregation :)

Last night Isaac said something funny and cute. The house we are renting right now has the vents for the AC and heat on the floor so they shoot the air straight up. Well Abby really really likes to put her face in front of the vents lately, don't ask me why...but she loves it! Isaac thought it was sooo funny and said "Abby, you look like Dewek!!!" (translation: Derek, our good friend). This is not the first time he's said something about Derek when Abby's hair is standing up like that, but I thought it was cute he said that because we haven't seen the Hansen's for quite a few months now but he still remembers Derek's hair. So Derek, if you're reading this, we're sure you'd be happy to know that your hair has made QUITE an impression on our son :)

6 comments:

Erin S said...

So I just showed Carter your blog and he kept saying "What is it? What is it, is it a girl?" He doesn't recognize Abby at all! Isaac is too fuuny, I wish he would have done that here in our ward so I could see it!

*K*R*I*S*T*Y* said...

HaaaHaaaa!I have nothing but fear for when Gavin can start copying what he gets from mommy...ahem...that's so funny about Derek, I don't remember him having such great volume, what a good memory isaac has!

thepainterfamily said...

Isaac is a crack up! I was dying over his enthusiastic church comments! and dereks hair...its too funny the connections they make...who wouldn't remember Amy and Derek though! :)

Diana said...

Hahaha, Derek's hair definitely leaves an impression :) That's funny, Lucy loves the vents too. I tried calling you during the hurricane to make sure you guys were okay, but I ended up calling another person in my phone named maria that I haven't talked to in almost a year. I pretended it was a wrong number and hung up. So I hope you guys are okay, we just had tons of rain, but no wind.

Amy said...

ha ha! I'm cracking up! Miss you guys so much! I'll try and give you a call back tonight!!

Brian Markjam said...

Hey Maria! Long time no talk! Its late, but I just wanted to give a shout out to all of ya'z! You're kids are sooo cute! They're huge! I can't believe it. Tell Richie congrats on his job and the move, you, and the kids (all of his great successes) and I'm really glad that I found your blog (I think I still like Facebook more... but now I can find people on here that don't have a facebook!!) Anyways, do you still have the same phone #? Have Richie call me sometime -- 714-330-5520. and Maria, thanks for being so good to (and good for) my ol' buddy Richie. Brian