Monday, April 07, 2008

It's official...

After lots and lots of praying, tons of double thinking, and some crying, we have finally come to a decision. Richie has accepted an offer at Georgia Pacific in North Carolina as an asset availability leader. We will probably be living about a 1/2 hour south of Wilmington, NC and a 1/2 hour north of Myrtle Beach, SC. The best part (when it's not hurricane season), we will be living about 10 minutes from the beach!
Richie will probably will be starting work on May 5th, which means an approximate move out date from Portland on April 30, give or take a couple of days. Richie and I will be taking another trip to North Carolina at that time while my wonderful mom watches our kids to househunt and then I will come back to NJ for a few weeks until we hopefully can move into our house. If that takes longer, we will be living in a townhome for a couple of months.
I can't believe we are really leaving Oregon. Everytime I think about it I want to cry, not because I'm not excited about this next step in our lives, but because we have really grown to love all of our friends and ward family there. And this has been the home we have lived at the longest since we've been married. It's the only home our kids know, but I have faith that our Heavenly Father will once again place wonderful people in our path and will watch over us during this transition.
I will have to write a whole other post about my first impression of NC while we visited it last week. It is definitely blog worthy! But for now I just wanted to let everyone know what the latest news was. We love you all!

11 comments:

thepainterfamily said...

What what what? and WOW WOW WOW!! how exciting...and how SOON! I can't wait to hear your post about your impressions of NC! I know my sister concidered moving there and visited for a week. she liked it a lot! and househunting!? NOTHING more exciting! (and stressful!) hehe! HAVE FUN!

dixonfamily said...

AWESOME!!!!! I am so excited for you guys!! I am sad that you are leaving so soon, but this makes me even more determined to move too. I keep telling Jeff that we've got to get leave. We'll see what happens. Anyway, congratulations! You get to buy a house. Yeah!!!
I can't wait to hear more.

Kristin and Kurt Bryant said...

Congratulations! That is wonderful! I know it is tough to move, especially when your kids are happy and settled, but I think that North Carolina will be great for everyone involved. Again, congrats!

Kristen M said...

I'm happy that you guys were able to make a decision and feel good about your new adventure. VERY sad to see you go though.... :( I will miss you so much!!!!!

Zach 'n' Jack said...

Exciting! But sad too :-( At least for those of us who get left behind!! How cool that you get to move closer to your family and buy a house!! AWESOME!! But wow - so soon?? Your own farewell party is just around the corner - I think March and April are going to be the saddest months for our group..........

The Nelsons said...

sniff sniff... when will i see you guys again? I'm definately scared we will see you guys even less now... Lets hope not! I'm so happy and proud of you guys for making this life changing and quite adventurous decision! And I still think you should buy an old plantation mansion and fix it up. And P.S.... isn't that where The Notebook took place?? Amazing!

Erin S said...

Aww man, I still can't believe you are really leaving. It's not fair!! We will miss you tons and tons but I am so excited for you to buy a house and have a yard. Here we go again with another goodbye party, they just keep coming. sniff, sniff

Benson Fam said...

DO YOU REALIZE THAT WE WILL BE LIVING ABOUT 5 HOURS AWAY FROM EACH OTHER!! I totally see a road trip coming up, but we'll totally let you settle in a little bit first. Though if you ever wanted to head our way we're open at all times (except maybe next week what with the baby and all:).

Jillyboo said...

Wow!
I hear that North Carolina is awesome.
I know it can be bitter-sweet to make these big changes, we've been there. But its also so fun and exciting. You guys will have so many new friends to add to your circle and have so many wonderful experiences you'd otherwise not have had.
Best of luck with the move, cant wait to see all the pictures of your family in their new home... its so beautiful there.

Danielle said...

so sad to hear you're leaving! But you are going to love having your own house and living right by the beach! I'm jealous! :) Although I guess if I lived by the beach I would be forced to wear a swimsuit all the time...eeek. On better thought, maybe I'll leave you to the 'living by the beach' idea. Swimsuits just tend to look like they're barfing up my body. haha. love ya!

Becca said...

wow!!1Taht's huge!!!Congratulations on all the exciting changes in your life!!I am so excited for you!!!