Monday, September 20, 2010

the perfect summer

I love autumn and I thought I was ready for it. Last week Isaac had football practice on a chilly evening. I pictured myself on Tuesday and Thursday evenings with my cup of hot chocolate in hand and I was starting to get excited for cooler weather. And then Richie brought me one of our camping chairs that we had in our car so I could sit down for a while. And when I opened up the chair..................


A bunch of sand trickled to the ground, reminding me of our trip to Myrtle Beach a few weeks back.....
So I realized maybe I wasn't ready for autumn just yet, but oh well. This summer was amazing. I kept tellling Richie that I don't remember a summer when I have been in the sun and enjoyed the outdoors more than this summer. Summer was definitely good to us this year. And we ended it with a bang by taking a trip to Myrtle Beach with some great friends from our Provo days.

There were 16 of us in a rental house that we stayed at for 5 days. We. had. a. blast. It was the perfect way to say goodbye to 90 degree weather, swimsuits and tan lines (which I may add are fading rather quickly...)

So here is 5 days in pictures in no particular order (because I still haven't figured out blogger...) Thank you to Amy and Diana for taking MOST of these pictures...I am so bad about getting my camera out to "capture the moments!"





















I sure hope this trip becomes a yearly tradition. We already miss you friends!
And now that I've blogged about this trip, bring on autumn!

5 comments:

Danielle said...

that sounds like so much fun! and yeah, you are tan!!! I was excited when I got enough color to not glow in the dark anymore. lol.

dixonfamily said...

JEALOUS!!!! what a beautiful end to the summer. Look at those beautiful mamas and all those beautiful little kiddos!! I'm so glad you guys had such a great time, and Maria, you are SOOO TAN!! Love and miss you!

Lexie said...

Why wont my comment post??? ok so I wanted to let you know that you are SOOO dark!! holy cow I didn't ever recognize you! and it looks like you had so much fun, the only thing missing.....ME!!! next year baby....next year.

ps. tell Richie he looks good with a 5 o'clock shadow. Makes him look 30 or something :)

thepainterfamily said...

summer was SO good to you!!

that trip sounds amazing, and so much fun, and dannnnnnggg gina...you look beautiful! I love your long dark hair and gorgeous tan! (two things I will never be haha)

Amy said...

Ahhh that was a resting place. So SO so fun! Miss you!

PS Send some of those pics you took!!!